We serve this decadent desert at La Chapelle and it’s a gooey, Galvin favourite of mine. Made with 70% cocoa chocolate and topped with rum-soaked-raisins, the palet is richer than Richard Branson but not as healthy as his bank balance, so I’ve twinned it with guilt-free banana and yogurt ‘ice cream’.
340g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
250g whipping cream
50g castor sugar
pinch of salt
100g mixed raisins
½ vanilla pod
20ml dark rum
1 lemon, juice and peel
1 orange, juice and peel
3 frozen bananas
1 tbsp Demerara sugar
200g Greek yogurt
1 tbsp honey
For the chocolate ganach
- Bring the cream and sugar to the boil in a small sauce pan.
- Break up the chocolate and place in a mixing bowl with the salt.
- Pour half of the cream over the chocolate and combine together using a whisk.
- Add the butter and then the remaining cream. Stir with a spatula until you have a smooth ganach.
- Place the ganach into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into four metal rings set on a tray lined with baking parchment. Leave at room temperature to set for a few hours.
For the soaked raisins
- Place the raisins, sugar, vanilla, water, rum and the peel and juice of the lemon and orange into a pan and simmer for 10 minutes. Bring off the heat and leave for an hour until the raisins plump up.
For the ice cream
- Freeze the bananas the night before.
- Place the bananas, yogurt, sugar and honey into a blender and blend to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Empty into a Tupperware and freeze for an hour until stiff but not completely solid.
- Using a blow torch gently warm the metal ring all the way around. Place the palet onto the plate and slide the ring off. Cover with the raisins and place a scoop of the ice cream next to it. Roughly chop a few pistachios to scatter over the top.